Since it’s been almost 70 degrees in December (!) it seemed like the perfect time to finally clean up the garden for the winter. Here’s what it’s been looking like:
Not too pretty! But after I pulled up all those dead plants (and fed them to my compost bin) it started to look much improved. I still have some weeding, etc, to do, but I thought you might be interested to see what’s growing out there right now.
1. Peas climbing up their bamboo tepees
2. Garlic that hasn’t sprouted yet
3. Lots of carrots
4. Strawberry plants turning pretty colors
5. Formerly a nice bed of salad greens, now taken over by giant arugula and tatsoi
7. More garlic
8. Oregano somewhere amongst the weeds
There’s also thyme, parsley, rosemary, and sage that you can’t really see in the picture. Yay, all my favorite herbs (except basil) are winter hardy!
Looks like the parsley made it into this shot.